Who we are
© HERE is a registered Scottish company dealing with increasing the awareness of copyright literacy.
We collect data
- To collect, store and process the personal data of clients and potential clients
- To help © HERE fulfil our legal and contractual requirements.
We use personal data
- To help © HERE keep in touch with our business contacts when we communicate with them and provide our copyright services through our website and social media channels
- Anyone can opt out of the mailing list by sending a message to email@example.com
We collect the following personal data
- Names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses from participants at events that we may organise and from those who subscribe to our mailing list by means of our website and social media channels
- Where appropriate, your payment details
- Your marketing preferences
The legal process for processing personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 require © HERE to state the legal basis for processing personal data
© HERE’s legal bases are
- Permissible information to allow © HERE to carry out their copyright services
- The collection of information to allow © HERE to agree terms and conditions with our participants
- Obtaining information from those opting in to © HERE’s mailing list
- Monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services
- Checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions)
- Sending you direct marketing, including by email and post
- Responding to your comments or complaints
- Inviting you to take part in market research and members’ surveys
- Querying whether you have had an issue completing an online form
- Preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime
- Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests
How long does © HERE keep data?
© HERE stores and retains your personal data for the length of time you remain a client of © HERE.
How we keep data secure
Only the owner of © HERE has access to your data
Personal data is stored securely on our network, on encrypted devices (iPads, laptops, smart phones etc) and within third party systems (e.g. bulk email distribution platform) whose tools we use to process data.
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. This Policy provides you with information in relation to how your data is processed. This ensures that we are transparent about what we will do with the information you supply to us.
- Right to object to the processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress. Where you challenge the accuracy or lawful processing of your information, we will consider this.
- Right to receive an electronic copy of any information you have consented to us holding. You can ask us to provide you with the personal data about you we hold, securely and in a machine-readable format, so it can be moved, copied or transferred to be used across different services or for you to give to another organisation. This is called a subject access request and we will need to verify your identity before giving such information.
- Right to object. We will ensure that we have the right consents in place for sending you information. You can unsubscribe from our mailings and remove your details at any time. If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you will be able to do so by contacting © Here at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make a request at any point by e-mailing email@example.com. © HERE will respond to a request within one month of receipt. However, where a request is received to erase data, we may not be able to delete all data (for example where data is linked to financial transactions that must be kept for a set period of time under financial regulations).
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you would like to find out more about how we process data, or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel that your data had been processed in a way that is not compliant with this policy or in line with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. You can contact the ICO by visiting their website, http://www.ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.
Notification of Changes:
© HERE keeps this Policy under regular review and will update this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.